For those of us coming late to the party...

Here's my FAQ.

There are apparently several versions of the server, that work in
different ways.  After looking at the FAW and the mail archive, I've
yet to see a concise description of what my options are as an
end-user.  This is confusing to the uninitiated.

It seems there are several versions:

   a DirectX version
   a GGI version
   a version integrated into XFree86-4.0.1
   a version that based on VNC
   a version I don't know about
   (some of these are probably the same)

How many versions are there?
Which ones run in a M$ window, and which are fullscreen-only?
What bit-depths are supported for each version?
How do I start that version?
What package should I download?  What supporting packages are needed?
What compiler was used?

It would be cool if there were a chart with this kind of information
in the FAQ.

--
		 Further Your Affiant Sayeth Naught.

Daniel Risacher                                      magnus@alum.mit.edu