RE: Problems with xfree and Windows ME

> I have gotten xfree working on an NT system. I just installed
> Windows ME and
> had read that X should run under ME. It starts, the screen goes grey, and
> the cursor appears in the center of the screen as an hour glass. I think
> that it is both the X hour glass and the Windows hour glass together.  At
> this point my system is locked up and requires to be reset.

Yes, this is a problem with Windows Me.  It appears that DirectInput on
Windows Me handles signals differently, then Windows2000.  Initially
I tested XWin.exe on Windows Me RC3, but final release seems to have
problems.  The X-server waits for DirectInput on Windows Me.

The code for handeling Input for OS is in WaitFor.c under WaitForSomething
subroutines.
I am trying to find a work around.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Suhaib

/* $XFree86: xc/programs/Xserver/os/WaitFor.c,v 3.25 2000/08/10 17:40:39
dawes Exp $ */
/***********************************************************

Copyright 1987, 1998  The Open Group

All Rights Reserved.

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
OPEN GROUP BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN
CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Except as contained in this notice, the name of The Open Group shall not be
used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings
in this Software without prior written authorization from The Open Group.

Copyright 1987 by Digital Equipment Corporation, Maynard, Massachusetts.

                        All Rights Reserved

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
supporting documentation, and that the name of Digital not be
used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the
software without specific, written prior permission.

DIGITAL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL
DIGITAL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR
ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION,
ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS
SOFTWARE.

******************************************************************/

/* $TOG: WaitFor.c /main/58 1998/02/09 15:13:07 kaleb $ */

/*****************************************************************
 * OS Dependent input routines:
 *
 *  WaitForSomething
 *  TimerForce, TimerSet, TimerCheck, TimerFree
 *
 *****************************************************************/

#ifdef WIN32
#include <X11/Xwinsock.h>
#endif
#include "Xos.h"			/* for strings, fcntl, time */

#include <errno.h>
#ifdef X_NOT_STDC_ENV
extern int errno;
#endif

#include <stdio.h>
#include "X.h"
#include "misc.h"

#ifdef MINIX
#include <sys/nbio.h>
#define select(n,r,w,x,t) nbio_select(n,r,w,x,t)
#endif
#ifdef __EMX__
#define select(n,r,w,x,t) os2PseudoSelect(n,r,w,x,t)
#endif
#include <X11/Xpoll.h>
#include "osdep.h"
#include "dixstruct.h"
#include "opaque.h"

/* modifications by raphael */
int
mffs(fd_mask mask)
{
    int i;

    if (!mask) return 0;
    i = 1;
    while (!(mask & 1))
    {
	i++;
	mask >>= 1;
    }
    return i;
}

#ifdef DPMSExtension
#define DPMS_SERVER
#include "dpms.h"
extern void DPMSSet();
#endif

#ifdef XTESTEXT1
/*
 * defined in xtestext1dd.c
 */
extern int playback_on;
#endif /* XTESTEXT1 */

struct _OsTimerRec {
    OsTimerPtr		next;
    CARD32		expires;
    OsTimerCallback	callback;
    pointer		arg;
};

static void DoTimer();
static OsTimerPtr timers;

/*****************
 * WaitForSomething:
 *     Make the server suspend until there is
 *	1. data from clients or
 *	2. input events available or
 *	3. ddx notices something of interest (graphics
 *	   queue ready, etc.) or
 *	4. clients that have buffered replies/events are ready
 *
 *     If the time between INPUT events is
 *     greater than ScreenSaverTime, the display is turned off (or
 *     saved, depending on the hardware).  So, WaitForSomething()
 *     has to handle this also (that's why the select() has a timeout.
 *     For more info on ClientsWithInput, see ReadRequestFromClient().
 *     pClientsReady is an array to store ready client->index values into.
 *****************/

static INT32 timeTilFrob = 0;		/* while screen saving */

#if !defined(AMOEBA)

int
WaitForSomething(pClientsReady)
    int *pClientsReady;
{
    int i;
    struct timeval waittime, *wt;
#ifdef __CYGWIN__
    struct timeval waittime0, *wt0;
#endif
    INT32 timeout;
#ifdef DPMSExtension
    INT32 standbyTimeout, suspendTimeout, offTimeout;
#endif
    fd_set clientsReadable;
    fd_set clientsWritable;
    int curclient;
    int selecterr;
    int nready;
    fd_set devicesReadable;
    CARD32 now;
#ifdef SMART_SCHEDULE
    Bool    someReady = FALSE;
    extern Bool	SmartScheduleIdle;
#endif

    FD_ZERO(&clientsReadable);

    /* We need a while loop here to handle
       crashed connections and the screen saver timeout */
    while (1)
    {
	/* deal with any blocked jobs */
	if (workQueue)
	    ProcessWorkQueue();
	if (XFD_ANYSET (&ClientsWithInput))
	{
#ifdef SMART_SCHEDULE
	    if (!SmartScheduleDisable)
	    {
		someReady = TRUE;
		waittime.tv_sec = 0;
		waittime.tv_usec = 0;
		wt = &waittime;
	    }
	    else
#endif
	    {
		XFD_COPYSET (&ClientsWithInput, &clientsReadable);
		break;
	    }
	}
#ifdef SMART_SCHEDULE
	if (someReady)
	{
	    XFD_COPYSET(&AllSockets, &LastSelectMask);
	    XFD_UNSET(&LastSelectMask, &ClientsWithInput);
	}
	else
	{
#endif
#ifdef DPMSExtension
	if (ScreenSaverTime > 0 || DPMSEnabled || timers)
#else
	if (ScreenSaverTime > 0 || timers)
#endif
	    now = GetTimeInMillis();
	wt = NULL;
	if (timers)
	{
	    while (timers && timers->expires <= now)
		DoTimer(timers, now, &timers);
	    if (timers)
	    {
		timeout = timers->expires - now;
		waittime.tv_sec = timeout / MILLI_PER_SECOND;
		waittime.tv_usec = (timeout % MILLI_PER_SECOND) *
		    (1000000 / MILLI_PER_SECOND);
		wt = &waittime;
	    }
	}
	if (ScreenSaverTime > 0
#ifdef DPMSExtension
	    || (DPMSEnabled &&
	     (DPMSStandbyTime > 0 || DPMSSuspendTime > 0 || DPMSOffTime > 0))
#endif
	) {
#ifdef DPMSExtension
	    if (ScreenSaverTime > 0)
#endif
		timeout = (ScreenSaverTime -
			   (now - lastDeviceEventTime.milliseconds));
#ifdef DPMSExtension
	    if (DPMSStandbyTime > 0)
		standbyTimeout = (DPMSStandbyTime -
				  (now - lastDeviceEventTime.milliseconds));
	    if (DPMSSuspendTime > 0)
		suspendTimeout = (DPMSSuspendTime -
				  (now - lastDeviceEventTime.milliseconds));
	    if (DPMSOffTime > 0)
		offTimeout = (DPMSOffTime -
			      (now - lastDeviceEventTime.milliseconds));
#endif /* DPMSExtension */

	    if (
#ifndef __CYGWIN__
		timeout <= 0
#else
		timeout = 0
#endif
#ifdef DPMSExtension
		 && ScreenSaverTime > 0
#endif /* DPMSExtension */
	    ) {
		INT32 timeSinceSave;

		timeSinceSave = -timeout;
		if (timeSinceSave >= timeTilFrob && timeTilFrob >= 0)
		{
		    ResetOsBuffers(); /* not ideal, but better than nothing */
		    SaveScreens(SCREEN_SAVER_ON, ScreenSaverActive);
#ifdef DPMSExtension
		    if (ScreenSaverInterval > 0 &&
			DPMSPowerLevel == DPMSModeOn)
#else
		    if (ScreenSaverInterval)
#endif /* DPMSExtension */
			/* round up to the next ScreenSaverInterval */
			timeTilFrob = ScreenSaverInterval *
				((timeSinceSave + ScreenSaverInterval) /
					ScreenSaverInterval);
		    else
			timeTilFrob = -1;
		}
		timeout = timeTilFrob - timeSinceSave;
	    }
	    else
	    {
		if (ScreenSaverTime > 0 && timeout > ScreenSaverTime)
		    timeout = ScreenSaverTime;
		timeTilFrob = 0;
	    }
#ifdef DPMSExtension
	    if (DPMSEnabled)
	    {
		if (standbyTimeout > 0
		    && (timeout <= 0 || timeout > standbyTimeout))
		    timeout = standbyTimeout;
		if (suspendTimeout > 0
		    && (timeout <= 0 || timeout > suspendTimeout))
		    timeout = suspendTimeout;
		if (offTimeout > 0
		    && (timeout <= 0 || timeout > offTimeout))
		    timeout = offTimeout;
	    }
#endif
	    if (timeout > 0 && (!wt || timeout < (timers->expires - now)))
	    {
		waittime.tv_sec = timeout / MILLI_PER_SECOND;
		waittime.tv_usec = (timeout % MILLI_PER_SECOND) *
					(1000000 / MILLI_PER_SECOND);
		wt = &waittime;
	    }
#ifdef DPMSExtension
	    /* don't bother unless it's switched on */
	    if (DPMSEnabled) {
		/*
		 * If this mode's enabled, and if the time's come
		 * and if we're still at a lesser mode, do it now.
		 */
		if (DPMSStandbyTime > 0) {
		    if (standbyTimeout <= 0) {
			if (DPMSPowerLevel < DPMSModeStandby) {
			    DPMSSet(DPMSModeStandby);
			}
		    }
		}
		/*
		 * and ditto.  Note that since these modes can have the
		 * same timeouts, they can happen at the same time.
		 */
		if (DPMSSuspendTime > 0) {
		    if (suspendTimeout <= 0) {
			if (DPMSPowerLevel < DPMSModeSuspend) {
			    DPMSSet(DPMSModeSuspend);
			}
		    }
		}
		if (DPMSOffTime > 0) {
		    if (offTimeout <= 0) {
			if (DPMSPowerLevel < DPMSModeOff) {
			    DPMSSet(DPMSModeOff);
			}
		    }
		}
           }
#endif
	}
	XFD_COPYSET(&AllSockets, &LastSelectMask);
#ifdef SMART_SCHEDULE
	}
	SmartScheduleIdle = TRUE;
#endif
	BlockHandler((pointer)&wt, (pointer)&LastSelectMask);
	if (NewOutputPending)
	    FlushAllOutput();
#ifdef XTESTEXT1
	/* XXX how does this interact with new write block handling? */
	if (playback_on) {
#ifdef __CYGWIN__
	    waittime.tv_sec = 0;
	    waittime.tv_usec = 0;
#endif
	    wt = &waittime;
	    XTestComputeWaitTime (&waittime);
	}
#endif /* XTESTEXT1 */
	/* keep this check close to select() call to minimize race */
	if (dispatchException)
	    i = -1;
	else if (AnyClientsWriteBlocked)
	{
	    XFD_COPYSET(&ClientsWriteBlocked, &clientsWritable);
	    i = Select (MaxClients, &LastSelectMask, &clientsWritable, NULL, wt);
	}
	else
	{
#ifndef __CYGWIN__
	    i = Select (MaxClients, &LastSelectMask, NULL, NULL, wt);
#else
	    waittime0.tv_sec = 0;
	    waittime0.tv_usec = 0;
	    wt0 = &waittime0;
	    i = Select (MaxClients, &LastSelectMask, NULL, NULL, wt0);
#endif
	}
	selecterr = errno;
	WakeupHandler(i, (pointer)&LastSelectMask);
#ifdef XTESTEXT1
	if (playback_on) {
	    i = XTestProcessInputAction (i, &waittime);
	}
#endif /* XTESTEXT1 */
#ifdef SMART_SCHEDULE
	if (i >= 0)
	{
	    extern unsigned long    SmartScheduleIdleCount;
	    extern Bool		    SmartScheduleTimerStopped;
	    extern Bool		    SmartScheduleStartTimer(void);

	    SmartScheduleIdle = FALSE;
	    SmartScheduleIdleCount = 0;
	    if (SmartScheduleTimerStopped)
		(void) SmartScheduleStartTimer ();
	}
#endif
	if (i <= 0) /* An error or timeout occurred */
	{
	    if (dispatchException)
		return 0;
	    if (i < 0)
	    {
		if (selecterr == EBADF)    /* Some client disconnected */
		{
		    CheckConnections ();
		    if (! XFD_ANYSET (&AllClients))
			return 0;
		}
		else if (selecterr == EINVAL)
		{
		    FatalError("WaitForSomething(): select: errno=%d\n",
			selecterr);
		}
		else if (selecterr != EINTR)
		{
		    ErrorF("WaitForSomething(): select: errno=%d\n",
			selecterr);
		}
	    }
#ifdef SMART_SCHEDULE
	    else if (someReady)
	    {
		/*
		 * If no-one else is home, bail quickly
		 */
		XFD_COPYSET(&ClientsWithInput, &LastSelectMask);
		XFD_COPYSET(&ClientsWithInput, &clientsReadable);
		break;
	    }
#endif
	    if (timers)
	    {
		now = GetTimeInMillis();
		while (timers && timers->expires <= now)
		    DoTimer(timers, now, &timers);
	    }
	    if (*checkForInput[0] != *checkForInput[1])
		return 0;
	}
	else
	{
	    fd_set tmp_set;
#ifdef SMART_SCHEDULE
	    if (someReady)
		XFD_ORSET(&LastSelectMask, &ClientsWithInput, &LastSelectMask);
#endif
	    if (AnyClientsWriteBlocked && XFD_ANYSET (&clientsWritable))
	    {
		NewOutputPending = TRUE;
		XFD_ORSET(&OutputPending, &clientsWritable, &OutputPending);
		XFD_UNSET(&ClientsWriteBlocked, &clientsWritable);
		if (! XFD_ANYSET(&ClientsWriteBlocked))
		    AnyClientsWriteBlocked = FALSE;
	    }

	    XFD_ANDSET(&devicesReadable, &LastSelectMask, &EnabledDevices);
	    XFD_ANDSET(&clientsReadable, &LastSelectMask, &AllClients);
	    XFD_ANDSET(&tmp_set, &LastSelectMask, &WellKnownConnections);
	    if (XFD_ANYSET(&tmp_set))
		QueueWorkProc(EstablishNewConnections, NULL,
			      (pointer)&LastSelectMask);
#ifdef DPMSExtension
	    if (XFD_ANYSET (&devicesReadable) && (DPMSPowerLevel != DPMSModeOn))
		DPMSSet(DPMSModeOn);
#endif
	    if (XFD_ANYSET (&devicesReadable) || XFD_ANYSET (&clientsReadable))
		break;
	}
    }

    nready = 0;
    if (XFD_ANYSET (&clientsReadable))
    {
#ifndef WIN32
	for (i=0; i<howmany(XFD_SETSIZE, NFDBITS); i++)
	{
	    int highest_priority;

	    while (clientsReadable.fds_bits[i])
	    {
	        int client_priority, client_index;

		curclient = ffs (clientsReadable.fds_bits[i]) - 1;
		client_index = /* raphael: modified */
			ConnectionTranslation[curclient + (i * (sizeof(fd_mask) * 8))];
#else
	int highest_priority;
	fd_set savedClientsReadable;
	XFD_COPYSET(&clientsReadable, &savedClientsReadable);
	for (i = 0; i < XFD_SETCOUNT(&savedClientsReadable); i++)
	{
	    int client_priority, client_index;

	    curclient = XFD_FD(&savedClientsReadable, i);
	    client_index = ConnectionTranslation[curclient];
#endif
#ifdef XSYNC
		/*  We implement "strict" priorities.
		 *  Only the highest priority client is returned to
		 *  dix.  If multiple clients at the same priority are
		 *  ready, they are all returned.  This means that an
		 *  aggressive client could take over the server.
		 *  This was not considered a big problem because
		 *  aggressive clients can hose the server in so many
		 *  other ways :)
		 */
		client_priority = clients[client_index]->priority;
		if (nready == 0 || client_priority > highest_priority)
		{
		    /*  Either we found the first client, or we found
		     *  a client whose priority is greater than all others
		     *  that have been found so far.  Either way, we want
		     *  to initialize the list of clients to contain just
		     *  this client.
		     */
		    pClientsReady[0] = client_index;
		    highest_priority = client_priority;
		    nready = 1;
		}
		/*  the following if makes sure that multiple same-priority
		 *  clients get batched together
		 */
		else if (client_priority == highest_priority)
#endif
		{
		    pClientsReady[nready++] = client_index;
		}
#ifndef WIN32
		clientsReadable.fds_bits[i] &= ~(((fd_mask)1L) << curclient);
	    }
#else
	    FD_CLR(curclient, &clientsReadable);
#endif
	}
    }
    return nready;
}

#if 0
/*
 * This is not always a macro.
 */
ANYSET(src)
    FdMask	*src;
{
    int i;

    for (i=0; i<mskcnt; i++)
	if (src[ i ])
	    return (TRUE);
    return (FALSE);
}
#endif

#else /* AMOEBA */

#define dbprintf(list)  /* printf list */

int
WaitForSomething(pClientsReady)
    int		*pClientsReady;
{
    register int	i, wt, nt;
    struct timeval	*wtp;
    long        	alwaysCheckForInput[2];
    int 		nready;
    int 		timeout;
    unsigned long	now;

    WakeupInitWaiters();

    /* Be sure to check for input on every sweep in the dispatcher.
     * This routine should be in InitInput, but since this is more
     * or less a device dependent routine, and the semantics of it
     * are device independent I decided to put it here.
     */
    alwaysCheckForInput[0] = 0;
    alwaysCheckForInput[1] = 1;
    SetInputCheck(&alwaysCheckForInput[0], &alwaysCheckForInput[1]);

    while (1) {
	/* deal with any blocked jobs */
	if (workQueue)
	    ProcessWorkQueue();

	if (ANYSET(ClientsWithInput)) {
	    FdSet clientsReadable;
	    int highest_priority;

	    COPYBITS(ClientsWithInput, clientsReadable);
	    dbprintf(("WaitFor: "));
	    nready = 0;
	    for (i=0; i < mskcnt; i++) {
		while (clientsReadable[i]) {
		    int client_priority, curclient, client_index;

		    curclient = ffs (clientsReadable[i]) - 1;
		    client_index = ConnectionTranslation[curclient + (i *
(sizeof(fd_mask)*8))];
		    dbprintf(("%d has input\n", curclient));
#ifdef XSYNC
		    client_priority = clients[client_index]->priority;
		    if (nready == 0 || client_priority > highest_priority)
		    {
		        pClientsReady[0] = client_index;
		        highest_priority = client_priority;
		        nready = 1;
		    }
		    else if (client_priority == highest_priority)
#endif
		    {
		        pClientsReady[nready++] = client_index;
		    }
		    clientsReadable[i] &= ~(((FdMask)1L) << curclient);
		}
	    }
	    break;
	}

	wt = -1;
	now = GetTimeInMillis();
	if (timers)
	{
	    while (timers && timers->expires <= now)
		DoTimer(timers, now, &timers);
	    if (timers)
	    {
		timeout = timers->expires - now;
		wt = timeout;
	    }
	}
	if (ScreenSaverTime) {
	    timeout = ScreenSaverTime - TimeSinceLastInputEvent();
	    if (timeout <= 0) { /* may be forced by AutoResetServer() */
		long timeSinceSave;

		timeSinceSave = -timeout;
		if ((timeSinceSave >= timeTilFrob) && (timeTilFrob >= 0)) {
		    SaveScreens(SCREEN_SAVER_ON, ScreenSaverActive);
		    if (ScreenSaverInterval)
			/* round up to the next ScreenSaverInterval */
			timeTilFrob = ScreenSaverInterval *
				((timeSinceSave + ScreenSaverInterval) /
					ScreenSaverInterval);
		    else
			timeTilFrob = -1;
		}
		timeout = timeTilFrob - timeSinceSave;
	    } else {
		if (timeout > ScreenSaverTime)
		    timeout = ScreenSaverTime;
		timeTilFrob = 0;
	    }

	    if (wt < 0 || (timeTilFrob >= 0 && wt > timeout)) {
		wt = timeout;
	    }
	}

	/* Check for new clients. We do this here and not in the listener
	 * threads because we cannot be sure that dix is re-entrant, and
	 * we need to call some dix routines during startup.
	 */
	if (nNewConns) {
	    QueueWorkProc(EstablishNewConnections, NULL,
			  (pointer) 0);
	}

	/* Call device dependent block handlers, which may want to
	 * specify a different timeout (e.g. used for key auto-repeat).
	 */
	wtp = (struct timeval *) NULL;
	BlockHandler((pointer)&wtp, (pointer)NULL);
	if (wtp) wt = (wtp->tv_sec * 1000) + (wtp->tv_usec / 1000);

	if (NewOutputPending)
	    FlushAllOutput();

	/* TODO: XTESTEXT1 */

	nready = AmFindReadyClients(pClientsReady, AllSockets);

	/* If we found some work, or the iop server has us informed about
	 * new device events, we return.
	 */
	if (nready || AmoebaEventsAvailable())
	    break;

	if (dispatchException)
	    return 0;

	/* Nothing interesting is available. Go to sleep with a timeout.
	 * The other threads will wake us when needed.
	 */
	i = SleepMainThread(wt);

	/* Wake up any of the sleeping handlers */
	WakeupHandler((unsigned long)0, (pointer)NULL);

	/* TODO: XTESTEXT1 */

	if (dispatchException)
	    return 0;

	if (i == -1) {
	    /* An error or timeout occurred */
	    return 0;
	}
    }

    dbprintf(("WaitForSomething: %d clients ready\n", nready));
    return nready;
}

#endif /* AMOEBA */

static void
DoTimer(timer, now, prev)
    register OsTimerPtr timer;
    CARD32 now;
    OsTimerPtr *prev;
{
    CARD32 newTime;

    *prev = timer->next;
    timer->next = NULL;
    newTime = (*timer->callback)(timer, now, timer->arg);
    if (newTime)
	TimerSet(timer, 0, newTime, timer->callback, timer->arg);
}

OsTimerPtr
TimerSet(timer, flags, millis, func, arg)
    register OsTimerPtr timer;
    int flags;
    CARD32 millis;
    OsTimerCallback func;
    pointer arg;
{
    register OsTimerPtr *prev;
    CARD32 now = GetTimeInMillis();

    if (!timer)
    {
	timer = (OsTimerPtr)xalloc(sizeof(struct _OsTimerRec));
	if (!timer)
	    return NULL;
    }
    else
    {
	for (prev = &timers; *prev; prev = &(*prev)->next)
	{
	    if (*prev == timer)
	    {
		*prev = timer->next;
		if (flags & TimerForceOld)
		    (void)(*timer->callback)(timer, now, timer->arg);
		break;
	    }
	}
    }
    if (!millis)
	return timer;
    if (!(flags & TimerAbsolute))
	millis += now;
    timer->expires = millis;
    timer->callback = func;
    timer->arg = arg;
    if (millis <= now)
    {
	timer->next = NULL;
	millis = (*timer->callback)(timer, now, timer->arg);
	if (!millis)
	    return timer;
    }
    for (prev = &timers;
	 *prev && millis > (*prev)->expires;
	 prev = &(*prev)->next)
	;
    timer->next = *prev;
    *prev = timer;
    return timer;
}

Bool
TimerForce(timer)
    register OsTimerPtr timer;
{
    register OsTimerPtr *prev;
    register CARD32 newTime;

    for (prev = &timers; *prev; prev = &(*prev)->next)
    {
	if (*prev == timer)
	{
	    DoTimer(timer, GetTimeInMillis(), prev);
	    return TRUE;
	}
    }
    return FALSE;
}

void
TimerCancel(timer)
    register OsTimerPtr timer;
{
    register OsTimerPtr *prev;

    if (!timer)
	return;
    for (prev = &timers; *prev; prev = &(*prev)->next)
    {
	if (*prev == timer)
	{
	    *prev = timer->next;
	    break;
	}
    }
}

void
TimerFree(timer)
    register OsTimerPtr timer;
{
    if (!timer)
	return;
    TimerCancel(timer);
    xfree(timer);
}

void
TimerCheck()
{
    register CARD32 now = GetTimeInMillis();

    while (timers && timers->expires <= now)
	DoTimer(timers, now, &timers);
}

void
TimerInit()