RE: Direct Draw Init Failed - How To Fix!!!

> For all of you that get the "Direct Draw Init Failed" message, listen up.
> You're problems are entirely due to not overriding the default graphics
> settings used by Cygwin/XFree86.  I got poking around in the source code
> tonight and uncovered this little treasure:
>
> #define WIN_DEFAULT_WIDTH  1280
> #define WIN_DEFAULT_HEIGHT 1024
> #define WIN_DEFAULT_DEPTH  16

Oooops, I will fix it in next release. I agree not many monitors and video
cards
support this.  Unfortunately I have GeForce2 GTS and a EMC 21 monitor with
support more then 1600x1200 at 32-bit display.  I guess that is the reason
the
settings got hardcoded in source code.  During development I must have been
experimenting
with the high resolution for my monitor and forgot to reverse it defaults
which
XFree96 uses on Linux for normal monitors.

Suhaib