OverlayAndNoDITest results

Harold,

I got some results form my setup

OS: Windows NT 4 SP5
Language: US English
Cygwin 1.1.4
(Old files work correctly - only the random input problem while switching screens)

OverlayAndNoDITest setup results
-------------------------------

#!/bin/sh

DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
XWin -screen 0 640x480x16

 gives:

administrator@PS196:/usr/X11r6/bin>./xstart
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
Desired pwin->width = 00000280
Desired pwin->height = 000001e0
Desired pwin->paddedWidth = 00000500
Desired pwin->bitsPerPixel = 00000010

Fatal server error:
Couldn't add screen 0

--------
XWin -screen 1 640x480x16
XWin -screen 2 640x480x16   give:

administrator@PS196:/usr/X11r6/bin>./xstart
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
Desired pwin->width = 00000280
Desired pwin->height = 000001e0
Desired pwin->paddedWidth = 00000280
Desired pwin->bitsPerPixel = 00000008

Fatal server error:
Couldn't add screen 0

----
XWin -screen 0	 640x480x32

administrator@PS196:/usr/X11r6/bin>./xstart
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
Desired pwin->width = 00000280
Desired pwin->height = 000001e0
Desired pwin->paddedWidth = 00000a00
Desired pwin->bitsPerPixel = 00000020

Fatal server error:
Couldn't add screen 0

----
XWin -screen 0	 640x480x24

administrator@PS196:/usr/X11r6/bin>./xstart
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
Desired pwin->width = 00000280
Desired pwin->height = 000001e0
Desired pwin->paddedWidth = 00000780
Desired pwin->bitsPerPixel = 00000018

Fatal server error:
Couldn't add screen 0

Looks like something trivial... (?)
During all this some other window is flashing for a microsecond
(it seems white to me :-))

BTW If I well remember, there was an intention to document (a HOWTO ?)
how to setup environment for compiling current Xserver. Do you use gcc
to compile the Windows related code some other compiler is required (VC)?

Cheers,
Przemek