Qt/KDE on 1.1.4

I would like to compile at least a few KDE components (kdenetwork) on
Cygwin.  I have seen some people attempt this in the past but there
does not seem to be much traffic on this.  I have noticed in trying to
get KDE2 to compile on FreeBSD that it does offer at least some Cygwin
support, but my first obstacle is Qt.  Has anyone had success with
getting Qt Free Edition to compile on Cygwin+X?  Do I need to get the
Windows version in order to do this? Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Jonathan Fosburgh
Open Systems