RE: Running remote window manager

You can run X & a xterm without a window manager. Most startx scripts
(includeing startx.bat) will run one automatically though.

Add the location of xhost to your path, or when you run it use
./xhost.exe (remember the local directory is not in your path in bash).

You should also edit startx.bat and remove the reference to *wm - the
window manager.

Rob