Re: 8bit graphics and a not-working program

Dear Juntunen

If I do not answer correctly to your questions please do not blame me!!!!
.
At the present I can say that running an X application under Cygwin-Xfree is not
an easy task, mostly if your X application has not been compiled under C-X.
Does your application run under Linux for instance? If yes and if you have the
sources then you are in a better situation.
If it runs under Linux, check xdpyinfo to know what are your screen and color
depth. As indicated by Harold set your Windows NT to the number of bits (256
colors for 8bits) of your program and then start C-X, then your application . It
should run.
I passed through these steps for two lab programs and got satisfaction. It is
not yet as fast as under Linux but it works.
If you use Test 7 then  your window is reduced and this might affect your
program, but it works too , or you have to adjust parameters of your X
application.

Best regards
Yours
Bernard