Re: Xwin and .bashrc

> Dear  Gerrit , Dear Cygwinnies

I thank you for your message and that pushed me to do some extra assays.
What is funny in this case is that finally I put all my aliases and exported
variables in .bash_profile and not in .bashrc as I was trying to do . To my
surprise everything was taken into account then at startup .
At least for now this is a solution .
I am not going to look more deeply why .bashrc is taken into account under your
configuration and .bash_profile under my configuration. The most important is that
it works

Best regards
Yours
Bernard

PS
Some people mention that they had some problems to have Xwin starting correctly.
I obseved the following at least under my configuration Gateway crystal scan
monitor.
For instance starting windows NT in 8 bits mode 1024x768 pixels , everything is OK
for Windows NT.
If I start Xwin 1024x768x8  Sometimes it is OK but it happens that I get only the
grey screen with the X not moving. Going back to 800X600X8 then the session starts
correctly. Stopping and starting again with 1024x768x8 then it works fine ????

begin:vcard
n:REVET ;Bernard
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:CNRS-IGR 94805 Villejuif France;Microscopie Cellulaire et Moléculaire
version:2.1
email;internet:bmrevet@igr.fr
title:Research Director
x-mozilla-cpt:;23136