Re: Xwin and .bashrc

<20 Dec 2000, 10:17 Uhr wars, als Pierre A. Humblet folgendes schrub:>
< Re: Xwin and .bashrc >

> What you describe seems to conform to the bash documentation.
> A login shell does not read .bashrc. You would need to
> explicitly source it from .bash_profile
>
> Pierre

I read the manual too, but don't understand enough...i read that bashrc
isn't executed automatically, but for me it works,

I got this line at last one in my /etc/profile:

test -f ./.bashrc && . ./.bashrc

Don't know exactly, what it means, but it was there after cygwin
installation, and i only added some values at .bashrc, which exists as
empty file since i installed cygwin, and they ar evaluated.

BTW, this is OT in this list:-)
--
=^..^=
Gerrit Peter Haase