From: Denis Haskin [mailto:denis.haskin@bigfoot.com]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 5:09 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com
Cc: Robert Collins; Suhaib Siddiqi
Subject: Re: Unable to run xfree86 on Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a?

Robert Collins wrote:

> You need to update your video card driver - see the list archives.
>
> Rob

Several people have suggested that, thanks.

I have a FireGL 1 video card.  I've gone to the Diamond Multimedia web site
and gotten the most current NT driver.  Still no change in behavior.  The
web
site also had Linux/xfree86 drivers but I can't really use those, since
they're all Linux executables.  Or is there something I should do with
those?

I've gone through the list archives and nothing else seems obvious.  There
was some discussion of xf86config, but several messages indicate that
cygwin/xfree86 doesn't need that config file (I assume that DirectX is
hiding
all the gory details?).

I ran xf86config, put the resulting XF86Config file into /etc/X11, and still
the behavior is the same.

Hmm.  Any more suggetions?

Much thanks --

dwh