From: Ed Aihua Wu
To: Suhaib Siddiqi
Cc: cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com
Sent: 1/18/2001 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: drivers..

It just  can't load xf_dx.dll no matter how I change the mode.

Ed Wu

================================
bash-2.04$ chmod 755 xf_dx.dll
bash-2.04$ ./XWin.exe :0 &
[1] 227
bash-2.04$ _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to
root
pwin->width = 00000400
pwin->height = 00000300
pwin->paddedWidth = 00000800
pwin->bitsPerPixel = 00000010
calling winAllocateFramebufferMemory
cannot load xf_dx.dll

[1]+  Exit 1                  ./XWin.exe :0
bash-2.04$

> Still try +x or 755 and then see if you can use Xwin.  Start Xwin with
no
> command options first, from \usr\X11R6\bin directory under a bbash
shell

> ./xwin :0 &
>
> Let's see what happen.  You should get the gray X-server screen if it
works.
> If works, then kill it using alt+F4 key and start from bash or
startxwin as
> you like.
>

> Suhaib

servers?

> > run the chmod +x command as I mentioned in my previous post.
> >
> > Suhaib

PATH=%PATH%;e:\apps\win32\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin;e:\apps\win32\cygwin\usr\