RE: xfree86 runs but programs can't connect to it

> Under win2k on my Dell laptop, the X-server seems to start
> fine.  The problem is that programs can't access the display.
> I've tried -display=127.0.0.1:0

Should it not be
from cmd SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0
or from bash export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

>as well as typing in the
> actual IP address. Still the same, I get "Can't open display"
> errors when trying any program such as xterm.
>
> Kevin DeKorte had the same problem reported on
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2000-q4/msg00506.htm
> l, but I didn't see any resolution to it. Lars Bebensee also
> had the same problem
> (http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2000-q4/msg00617.html).
>
> I've also tried the commercial demos X-Win32 5.1 and winaXe
> 6.0, and I have the same problem. The X-servers seem to run,
> but nothing can make a connection. I must be doing something
> wrong or my networking is somehow messed up.

Definitely.  Your TCP is messed up.  No X-server will dsiplay to localhost
or remote host if your TCP (network)is not configured properly.

Check winnt\drivers\etc\hosts file and see if you have localhost entry in
it.

Suhaib

I did get the