RE: Cannot start X server

No luck on Win98, Sorry.
Refer to FAQ and mailing list please and also the notes in my previous posts
that Win9x/Me are not supported.

Harold posting was sometimes in November 2000.  Check
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/test.
If you a "test7" keyword search on Cygwin/Xfree86 mail archives you will hot
his post.

.xinitrc will not run because, in fact, x-server did not run on your
Win98SE. ;-)
Win9x/me use Mutex16 from Eve and Adam times, while Win NT and Win2K use
Mutex from
Bill Clinton Presidency time.  We are using 32 bit Mutex to get a  surface
lock and so-called
Microsoft 32-bit Win9x/Me which are cluttered with 8-bit crap cannot get a
proper lock
of the surface.  Harold is working on fixing this problem but no time frame
when
a final and stable version will be available.

Suhaib