RE: Need Tutor

> > no, no setup.exe.  you need to get it from
> > ftp://spurces.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/contrib
> > or one of the mirror site. Install in /usr/X11R6/bin and
> for xfce there is a
> > setup script which
> > you runs from the bash prompt.
>
> Downloading as I type
> After I Unzip & unTar will it automatically go into the
> /usr/x11r6/bin ??
> If not what must I do to get it there?

Ummmmmmmm.... you better do it a temp directory then move the files.
Is nOt iT sImPlE?????????????

Then run the steup script from .usr/X11R/bin.  maybe read the README file
before moving contents to /usr/X11R6/bin?

> >> (on a side note I'm not gettting the green bar at the top of each
> >> window. I would have tried clicking and dragging had I gotten
> >> that but
> >> it's not there??)
> >

> > are you sure you have twm.exe in /usr/X11R6/bin?
>
> Yes twm.exe is in /usr/x11r6/bin

Then may be investigate why is it not starting?  Maybe cd to
c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
from cmd prompt and execute startxwin.bat from there?

Suhaib