Re: Request for web page change

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 04:40:27PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>We currently point everyone to the mirrors page on the main cygwin site.
>
><humour>patches to our web pages gratefully accepted though(TM)</humour>

Hey! But...!  "I'm too busy."  er, "I would but I am not qualified.", er,
"I would but I don't agree with your licensing", um, "I was just making
a suggestion!  If you don't want to act on my great idea then fine!"

>Seriously...  do you want _just_ the mirrors.rcn site referenced or is
>the current reference good enough with a bit more emphasis on "use
>mirrors"?

I would rather have no direct references to ftp://sources.redhat.com/ or
ftp://cygwin.com/ .  Or, rather, I would like to have a nice fat pipe
to the internet and not worry about this at all but that is moving at
a glacial pace at Red Hat currently.

I guess you could make it clear that you are directing someone to a
mirror and use RCN.  It is very fast.  You could also point people to
other mirrors if RCN is unacceptable for some reason.

Anyplace but sources.redhat.com for now.  When I sent this email there
were ten people downloading xfree binaries and our T1 was noticeably
lagging.

I have made some simple global search and replace changes.  I can
check those in if you want.

cgf