Re: http://xfree86.cygwin.com/

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: http://xfree86.cygwin.com/

> On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 03:23:20PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >> I've redirected /.. and /../ to the cygwin directory.  It seems to work.
> >
> >I just tested again, The request made by IE 5.5 is
> >===
> >GET http://xfree86.cygwin.com/mirrors.html HTTP/1.1
> >Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, imag
> >e/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*
> >Referer: http://xfree86.cygwin.com/
> >Host: xfree86.cygwin.com
> >
> >===
> >The behaviour you are getting is just plain non-portable.  Can you turn
> >that mapping back off?  (I'd rather consistently get errors than have
> >to enquire as to browser version etc.  BTW: what browser are you using?
>
> The behavior is only active for xfree86.cygwin.com, so I don't see any
> urgent need to reconfigure anything.  I don't think anyone will be
> flocking to xfree86.cygwin.com in the next couple of days.

The behaviour I meant was your browser behaviour. My point was that you _have reconfigured_ the site - can you put it back easily?

What build of mozilla? I haven't tested either of the builds I have here. I suspect that the "proper" browser behaviour is undefined
standards wise.

> Also, AFAICT, there is no longer a reference to ..  on the web page is
> there?

Yes there is. Mirrors. Cygwin home. Mailing lists. And thats the home page.

Rob

> I'm using mozilla.  I notice that it fails with netscape, though.
>
> cgf

Rob