Development Status Update 8

I have been making modest progress on the Windows GDI based Cygwin/XFree86
development; most recently I was able to finally get transparent stipple
fills working.  Transparent stipple fills turned out to be a little harder
than I thought, as they must be decomposed into about 4 raster ops in
Windows GDI.  I first implemented the transparent stipple fill logic in a
stand-alone test program, which worked fine; however, my first run of
implementing transparent stipple fills in Cygwin/XFree86 has produced some
unexpected results... I'm going to revisit the transparent stipple fill code
in a day or two to figure out my error.

I should see the familiar X startup background after fixing stipple fills
and developing a color translation model for the Windows GDI Cygwin/XFree86
server.  At that point I'll probably send out a development snapshot so
people can see what I have been up to.

I should be resubscribed to the mailing list within a few minutes.  My new
email address is huntharo at msu daught edu.

I'll keep everyone posted,