Will there ever be a Test 8 release?

At first glance, this question may appear silly.
But after reading Harold's comments on the devel page...

"Test 7 is the result of my efforts to learn how the framebuffer based
Cygwin/XFree86 worked, and to see if I could make the framebuffer based
Cygwin/XFree86 work on Windows 95/98/Me. Ultimately, I failed. :-) I can say
with confidence that you cannot create a safe, framebuffer based X server on
Windows 95/98/Me; you could write a pseudo-video driver that exposed the
video memory to the X server, but that would be very risky and difficult to
support."

AFAIR, I think this statement has obviously destroyed all hopes that there
ever could be a *really usable* release for Win9x/Me. I hope I'm wrong,
though ;)

Andreas