Re: Colours

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Shuttleworth" <csx239@coventry.ac.uk>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 3:27 AM
Subject: Colours

> Hello,
>    My new question is this:  Why are my colours wonky?  I put it into
24bpp
> (32 and 16 give the same results) and set the res to 1024x768, but my
> colours are still wonky.  I set the X bg to DodgerBlue4, but it comes
out
> as a kind of red.  My xterms are supposed to have a yellow fg, but
they
> turn out to be cyan.

I think this is a FAQ.

> One more problem:  Whatever manager I use (I've used vtwm, twm and
mwm), if
> I tab into windows and then return, I can no longer use the stuff in
> X.  That is, I can't type into the xterms or move any windows with the
mouse.

Press ALT again. Signals are getting lost.

> While I'm sending...  will gnome work with cygwin?

Yes and No. The X software is capable if you can get the full thing
built and running - and there are folk working on that. It's mostly
there (Ie I've had it up and running) barring sound support and
glibmodules (and someone else has that working, but the alterations are
still non-released)

Rob