RE: Debugging the client exit crashes

> I built an XFree86 source tree with -g and started using gdb
> to step through
> the code around when a client exit causes the X server to exit.
>
> You'll be interested to know that the exit comes from the
> Dispatch function
> in dix/dispatch.c, after a call to WaitForSomething in
> os/WaitFor.c, and
> Dispatch calls KillAllClients in dix/dispatch.c right before
> the server
> exits.
>
> What's that mean?  Well, it means that my code is not at fault :)
>
> What else does it mean?  Don't expect a fix anytime soon :(
>
> Suhaib will probably have to look into this one.

I will look into it.  BUT I will say same, DO NOT EXPECT A FIX SOON,
at least not for the next two weeks.  I am flooded with projects at work
and had been spending 12 hours in office - yuck!!!

BTW:  That is actually UNIX design, when you press crtl+a;t+backspace,
server
kills all clients then exists.

Suhaib