Can't open display...

I have tried various things to get xfree to work on me system: (win2k)
Tried the start up script..
Tried adding the sleep to the start up script
Starting things manually (Xterm -display 127.0.0.1:0)
tried using my real ip and computer name
removed then reinstalled cygwin and made sure it was unix mode
I read this problem in the archives and I am only asking because I tried
everything in the archive and it still does not work.
I also tried to connect to a comercial X Server (Omni-x) that did not work
either.
I am running win2k
Xfree stable version 4.0.3 (pre compiled)
latest Cygwin binary release as of today ..
any help would be apreciated
-jeremy