Can't connect to display

After playing with netstat and telnet I can give you
the following report.

When XWin is started netstat reports that the only
local address listening on port 6000 is at ip address
0.0.0.0:6000

However at this point I telnet to 127.0.0.1 6000 and I
get a connection. I leave this connection open and try
xterm in both a 'dos' window and a cygwin shell..
Still no connect. But looking at netstat I see one
connection to a server on port 6000 is established.

So I close Xwin, my telnet connection drops and
netstat reports that nothing is listing on port 6000
but there are 2 or 3 Local addresses ports in
TIME_WAIT, but now rather than being on 0.0.0.0 they
are on 127.0.0.1...

Could this have anything to do with a DHCP connection?

Kevin

=====