RE: Possibly incorrect explanation of how WaitForSomething works (and how to fix it) [RC and CGF please comment]

I'm just curious here: In Unix as I understand it, the X server physical
screen gets a pty? for access to the keyboard, and opens /dev/mouse |
/dev/cua0 | ...

What makes those things inappropriate for cygwin support? I'd have
thought that a win32 message queue handler in a cygwin linked app would
be more trouble than cygwin handling the messages...

Rob