RE: Compile Problems with Harold's Server...

Harold

> Is there no other way to fix this problem then patching
> /usr/include/w32api?

There is no other way.

The conflicting symbols are a mix of #defines and typdefs; we can handle the
#defines by #undefing them after we've included the w32api headers; however,
the only thing we can do for typedefs is to prevent them from being declared
in the first place.

In total there are about 8 changes to the w32api headers.

Earnie Boyd has already committed the patches to Cygwin's CVS tree; these
patches will be in the next Cygwin release.

For the changelog noting that the patches were applied, look at the very end
of the following page:
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/winsup-changelog-20010325-20010331