RE: AltGr stand-alone test executable

Hi Harold,

I've downloaded
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test21.exe.bz2 and installed
 XWin.exe.

I used to be able to quit the X-Server thru Alt-F4.  With the new XWin.exe,
Alt-F4 gives me S, and that's all (no quit).

As for the AltGr key, I think what you see below is because xmodmap.de is
not working for me so far.  bash recognizes my German keyboard, but that's
not the case for the xterm windows after starting the x-server.  I posted
this (message partly below) and have been in correspondence with Alexander
Gottwald on that.

AltGr 2 --> (arg: 2)
AltGr 3 --> (arg: 3)
AltGr 7 --> (arg: 7)
AltGr 8 --> (arg: 8)
AltGr 9 --> (arg: 9)
AltGr 0 --> (arg: 0)
AltGr ? --> (arg: -1)
AltGr Q --> No reaction at all
AltGr E --> No reaction at all
AltGr M --> No reaction at all
AltGr + --> No reaction at all
AltGr < --> No reaction at all

Kind regards,

George

---

I have a German keyboard. cygwin bash window recognizes my keyboard and
everything is perfect.  However, when I 'startx', the German keyboard is no
longer recognized, as seen below.
?	|
"	@
&	^