RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 22

It used to. It still can via flags in the setup.hint file.. but I don't
believe there is a visual warning to anything.

> Not everyone will use setup.exe.

They have no other option. untarring doesn't create the registry entries
and run the install scripts. winzip doesn't create symlinks.

> In light of cygipc too, which is really in contrib land, I suggest we
> put it back. Especially being that the next XFree86 release
> is due very soon and
> many more users will probably download the new Cygwin/XFree86. We have
> a chance to correct the zlib situation.
>
> It's a one off thing. Let's get it right now and suffer a few
> emails (and
> put it in the FAQ), that people need to get the zlib from
> contrib to use
> Cygwin/XFree86. We probably stand to get more questions on
> which cygz.dll or
> libz.dll they should be using otherwise.
>
> Are we expecting to build the next full release with cygipc ?
> If so, then
> that should be made aware in the FAQ too.

I wouldn't! IMO it would be better to hold off until ipc is part of
cygwin core. (I.e. threads could have been done way back via the
win32-pthread project but fork() would have been an issue. (And may be
with cygipc for all I know).

Rob