RE: FAQ Update suggestion (was: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 22

Can I ask that we _do not_ distribute binaries with IPC support enabled.
Three reasons:
1) It's not part of cygwin core. It _may_ have problems with fork(), and
it will not interoperate with the coming in-cygwin implementation.
2) It's not part of cygwin core.... thus we will have more user
questions because they cannot get it via setup.
3) I can't think of a third reason :]

> 2) users will need to install cygz.dll

They are advised to install all of cygwin now. The specific package list
is in Harold's User guide, and the latest sgml sources aren't uploaded
AFAIK.

> 3) If compiling X application and linking to XPM, make sure
> you get ride of
> /usr/include/X11 headers and cygXpm-X4 blah blah, which is
> just a duplicate
> of stuff from Cygwin/XFree86..

Is this the text you want? If not I'm not quite sure what I should be
saying ..

> 4) make srue you do not insatll libfreetype and other
> libraries and headers
> already present in xc sources tree from CygUtils site.

Do we have a list of possible problems... users will not know what is in
the xc sources tree.

Rob