nedit doesn't work - can't read any menus

Hi,

after Brian Kasper's great trick with just invoking the linker manually
(because of the problem that -Xt is linked twice), I eventually managed to
compile nedit using the LessTif libraries.

But I can't read no menus because the fonts are a mess. Looking back to the
middle of April, I see Enoch having the same problem. This doesn't seem to
be solved yet.
I wish I hadn't deleted my old XFree binaries for I would've been able to
make it work there (perhaps).

Here's a screenshot in case you insist to see how beautifully it looks ;-P

http://www.andy2001.f2s.com/files/cygwin_nedit.png

Well I hope someone does at least have a small clue where I have to "tweak"
here.
My fonts are there - however, the reason could be that I must use mkfontdir
first. But HOW do I use it? There's no manual page, neither a --help or -h
option. Hmmmm.

Andreas