RE: Dynamic linking.. or??

> I just finished building a tree with Suhaib's patch.
>
> What exactly am I supposed to be looking for?  Should a new
> DLL appear, should an old one disappear?  Or is something
> else entirely supposed to happen?

Nothing should disappear or fade away, no new dll should pop in or pop-out
;-)
That patch was to see if it would have helped with xmkmf issue Andy had been
complaining.  My patch should not affect compling X sources tree.
Everything should compile as before.  If you notice something broken (i.e.
some dll or clients failed to compile etc)then let me know, otherwise I will
apply te patch for next binary release.  Notice in original cygwin.tmpl
XawClient libs link order was wrong?  XPM was after XLIB which suppose to be
before XLIB.

> Oh, I should note that I have not changed the #define
> SharedLibXpm YES line in xc/cf/cygwin.rules.  That is to say,
> I still have that symbol defined as YES.

Can you try Commenting out #define SharedLibXpm YES i.e. change to

XCOMM #define SharedLibXpm YES

See if you can still compile libXpm.dll?  If it does then we will remove the
line #define SharedLibXpm YES from cygwin.rules.

Thanks

Suhaib