Re: XWin.exe fails as does startxwin.bat

> That won't actually fix the problem, as XWin has to use the bit depth that
> Windows is currently using.  You have to change your Windows bit depth to
> something greater than 8 in order to fix the problem.

Actually you can set a bit depth different than the Windows one if you use the -fullscreen
option to Xwin.  I've been doing this to play with 16bit vs 32bit depth without having to
reset the Windows display properties.  If you do not use -fullscreen, Xwin will use the
current Windows display bit depth regardless of what you tell Xwin on its command line.

If you manipulate the bit depth like this, be sure that your vidcard and monitor will work
at the settings you choose.

Regards,

Dave Cook