Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 DocBook-based FAQ Draft 4

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 DocBook-based FAQ Draft 4

> >Thank you.
> >
> >Next question: can we run scripts on that server to generate web site
> >content from the cvs tree and copy to the web site?. Or do we check
it
> >out, build locally and "install" into a sandbox for the website?
>
> The existing repository in cygwin/xfree that currently holds the web
> pages is already auto-mirrored.  Anything that gets checked in there
> shows up on the web server automatically.

Uhmm, yeah I know that. (Xfree86/Cygwin web site page maintainer :])

What I mean is, it would be neat to be able to change a xml source file
in the doc module, and have a script run (say nightly, or even just via
ssh) that checkouts a sandbox of the doc module, builds the doco and
"installs" that into the web pages. (presumably by dropping it into a
checkedout web module and checking that in).

The point being that vaguaries of maintainers machines and timetables
could be reduced...

Rob