RE: Copyright [cgf, please comment]

> > Better get a new company attorney :)
>
> Silly.  I think you need to read better and consult and get some advice
> what you are talking :-)  The attroney we had was attorney who prosecuted
> several big coproration for copyright and trademark infringments and won
> every single case.

Tell him to sue me.  I dare you, and him.

> I suggest you need to read I do not.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

> > My point, if it was not clear, was that reading a document on
> > a particular
> > topic does not forever ban you from writing on that very same topic.
>
> Again vague and confusing sentences. :)  I do not know why you are saying
> something vague and confusing.

Are you kidding?  Please, tell me that you are joking.

> Because I do not want to sit here and answer questions which users asked
> over
> last two years and I put them in FAQ.  If everything is included, then YES
> I will gladly post your FAQ and your contributions will be appreciated
> and acknowledged.

Am I talking to a fricking brick wall?  I told you, oh, about fifteen times
now, that I NEVER SAID THAT MY DRAFT FAQ WAS READY TO BE POSTED ON THE WEB
SITE.  GOT IT?

> Ok, can you create a diff file of your FAQ against current FAQ and mail it
> to me
> so I can pass on to ROB and get everything included?  You will retain the
> "authroship".
> I have told Rob to keep authorship to Harold. I do not care about
> authorship.  It is not
> an issue for me.  I do care that I do not sit here and answer the emails
> from users
> with questions which I already put in current FAQ.  If you can
> PLEASE create
> a diff file
> send it to me or to Rob directly.  You FAQ qill go online.  I request you
> change the lines
> Copyright (c)2000 Harold Hunt to Authorship (c)2000 Harold Hunt.  I hope
> this should not be
> a big deal for you.  The document is already under GFDL which is
> acceptable
> by Red Hat.
> To make it clear again, I already have over 40 puiblications and I do not
> need an authorship
> of a FAQ, but I do not have time to answer emails about questions
> which had
> been covered
> already in current FAQ.  If you can resolve these issues with Rob
> directly I
> will give him a
> GO AHEAD to post your FAQ.  IS THAT FAIR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

One word: no.

I've explained to you several times in very formal, very cordial terms the
reasons why I cannot just arbitrarily, and without signing a document, toss
the copyright for my works into someone else's lap.

I've also explained to you several times that I do not want, nor did I ever
suggest, that my draft FAQ be posted on the web site in it's current form.

Please, read my emails before responding.