RE: Copyright [cgf, please comment]

> Could anyone who wants to indulge in completely useless and
> damned annoying personal sniping please resort to doing so in
> private? As much as I enjoy knowing what is planned for the
> future of the project, this sort of infantile behavior gets on my
> nerves.

Thanks.  It gets on my nerves too :) My post was "discuss the issues
directly with me".  If you read it.  A couple of messages to him were
private
which he started copying to list.

> Copyright in the US protects the presentation of a work, *NOT*
> the informational content. Duplicating the informational content
> in a new presentation results in, guess what, a new copyrightable
> work. I believe Harold has pointed this out half a dozen times
> already, but it does not seem to have registered.

Not true.

> See: <http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/circ1.html#wnp>

This has been challenged in legal courts and Eastman had lost
several cases.  I wn't go into details because I said I had closed
this senseless thread.

Suhaib