RE: Copyright [cgf, please comment]

> The problem at hand, however, is whether or not Harold's rewrite
> is a derivative work. If it is than it requires approval of the
> copyright holders of the original FAQ, which apparently has not
> been given, and a joint copyright notice. Morally some credit
> should probably be given to the writer(s) of the original FAQ,
> legally I don't think there is an issue.

Yes there is an issue if you read his mails and avoiding abeing vague
whenever
I asked that question nd proposed a compromise.

> I would take this off list again, but Suhaib apparently finds
> discussion to his e-mail annoying enough to ban addresses from
> the inspirepharm.com SMTP server. Unless some content appears
> this is my last message, apologies to everyone else for
> encouraging this idiot.

I want this thread to die, therefore temporarily my SMTP server is rejecting
any mail which contains copyright issues. It is not
only you it for others too.  I do not have time to keep going in this issue
while
I have made it clear that Copyright is a major issue.  Issue is providing
complete FAQ document
and if one wishes to put copyright etc note then contributors who
contributed before him and will contribute after him should be properly
acknowledge.
 In my last email last night too, I said end of thread
and Chris also had enough of it.  I brought the points.

1) issue that des[pite my objection not to modify FAQ because I knew this
will
cause problems, one has to ignore others and impose his wishes
and refuse to bend.  It is ounter productive and a good enough reason
to deny posting that document.  This is to avoid future conflicts
and such discussions.

Whatever, for the last time, gain please let this thread die.  Harold
would not remove his name from authroship and he had so far
refused to incorporate existing FAQs from current document therefore
that FAQ will not fullfil its purpose to support users.  This is an open
source
project not a site to post articles to support someone authroship and
resume. period.
our aim to provide win32 x-server.

Regards
Suhaib