[Feature-requests] was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 31

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu>

> I haven't seen any direct requests for new features, so this release
> represents what I believe to be the "most wanted" features.  You can
very
> easily influence what features make the "most wanted" list be
presenting me
> with feature requests.  I don't read all the mail on the mailing list,
so
> let me suggest that you mark any such requests with
"[FEATURE-REQUEST]" or
> "[BUGFIX-REQUEST]" at the beginning of the subject line; better yet,
cc me
> when you have such a request.  On with the release announcement...

Ohh ohh ohh - I have requests yes I doo....!

1) /dev/clipboard integration - can be done through either win32
clipboard calls or just open /dev/clipboard. If you want to post BINARY
data to the clipboard, the best way (IMO) is to use /dev/clipboard, so
we centralise that code (it handles binary now).

2) this is something I thought of the other day - I don't know how
feasible it is....

when the Xserver starts up, make the screen size the entire windows
screen size, and the background transparent.
Then for each X window created, create a win32 window with a client area
the size of the X window client area, and render into that.
Finally translate win32 messages into X window manager 'things'
(technical term there :] ).

A later addition to that could be to decorate the win32 windows with the
X window manager stuff when a X window manager attaches.

Rob