RE: Xemacs crash Xfree86!!!

Hi Suhaib,

You said :
One thing, the XEmacs is not an X application.  XEmacs is a misleading
name.

Attampts to display it on X-server won't work.  It does not need an
X-server
;-)

------
I've compiled Xemacs a first time under cygwin without Xfree. Xemacs
start then under the NTR window manager as you say. Then, I've
recompiled Xemacs under cygwin with Xfree (4.0.3 for instance). With
this build, If I launch xemacs from NT, it use NT wibndows manager. But
If I launch it under Xfree cygwin, it is an X application (useful for
cut and paste between windows...). But with Xfree 4.1.0 this build when
Xemacs starts, it crash Xfree.

I've installed cygwin 1.3.2 and Xfree 4.1.0 from scratch and I've tried
to recompile Xemacs. And during ./configure I've got the following
message :
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... no
checking for shmat in -lipc... no
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for X defines extracted by xmkmf
checking for X11/Intrinsic.h... no
configure: error: Unable to find X11 header files.

I've checked, /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Intrinsic.h exist!

I didn't have this problème with cygwin 1.1.8 and Xfree 4.0.3 that's why
I thing there is a trouble somwhere...

Luc