RE: X server won't start in win95a

The only thing I have noticed so far between the working and the
non-working win95 systems is that the non-working one has winsock
upgraded, to version 2 I believe. Don't know if this is relevant, just
another tidbit for you to consider.

Thank you, Suhaib and Harold, for all your efforts. Although I have 2
non-working installations, I have 4 working ones, 1 win95a, 1 win98, 2
w2k. I must say they look good.

I am going to wipe out win95 on one of the non-working machines and
install win98, and then cygwin and X. We'll see what happens. I still
have the other non-working machine to try out your new suggestions,
including possibly reinstalling networking, if that is felt to be the
most likely cause.

Raymond