Further problems with xFree86

I am using Windows 98 and I downloaded cygwin and xFree86-4.1.0 as an
xServer.  I followed all the instructions to download and install
xFree86-4.1.0 and it seemed to go fine.  There were no errors.  The last
page of the xFree86 instructions say that to start xFree86 you should
doublclick startxwin.bat.  The startwin.bat file is as follows:

@echo off
SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
SET PATH=.;%PATH%;\cygwin\bin;\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin

rem cleanup after last run
attrib -s \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
del \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
rmdir \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix

start XWin -screen 0 1024x768x32 -engine 4

start rxvt -fn "Lucida Console-12" -e bash
start xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e
/usr/bin/bash
start mxterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e
/usr/bin/bash
start twm

REM set stty=intr ^c susp ^z start ^q stop ^s quit ^\\ erase ^?
@echo on

When I doubleclick this file I get several DOS screens.  Some of thme have
errors on them.  The first DOS screen with an error on it says:

rxvt: can't load font "Lucida Console-12"

The second DOS screen with an error on it says:

Path not found - \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
Path not found
Invalid path, not directory,
or directory not empty
Cannot find file 'mxterm' (or one of its components). Check
to ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required
libraries are available.

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin>

I looked into this and found that the \cygwin\tmp folder is empty.  That's
why the path \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0 is not found.  I don't know what to do
to fix it, however.

The third DOS screen with an error on it says:

winFinishScreenInitFB () - Calling winCreateDefColormap ()
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
error opening security policy file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list!

On investigating this, I found the folder "xserver" doesn't exist in folder
X11 and a file called "SecurityPolicy" doesn't exist on the PC at all.  The
second error on this screen is caused by the fact that the folder "CID" does
not exist in folder "fonts".  Folder "fonts" has several other folders in
it, however, such as 100dpi, 75dpi, encodings, misc, Pex, Speedo, and Type1.

Any ideas how I can fix these problems?

Ed Mullen

P.S. Should I just go to 4.03?  would that solve the problems?