From: mike ryder [mailto:mike.ryder@tesco.net]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 9:58 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@xfree.cygwin.com
Subject: installing xfree

Hi

I am trying to install Xfree on cygwin and have followed the instructions as
posted in the pdf documentation. XWin.exe starts but then aborts with the
error message

winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 00000017
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL () - Using Windows display depth of 16 bits per
pix
el
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient width 800 height 600
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 1600
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 0000f800 000007e0 0000001f BPRGB 6 d 16
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Can you give me a pointer to where I might find the problem.

Mike