From: Winston Gutkowski [mailto:winston.gutkowski@e-ztext.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 7:24 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@xfree86.cygwin.com
Subject: can't start X server

Hi,

I recently downloaded XFree86 4.1 for Cygwin, and now can't start my
X-Server. The startxwin.bat just flashes up a couple of DOS windows and
disappears and, after editing the startxwin.sh script, I worked out that the

+ XWin -screen 0 1024x768x32

command produces the message

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Can anybody give me some idea what the matter is?

Winston
winston.gutkowski@e-ztext.com

Dongseok Choi - Fatal server error- could not open default ....url