Re: winlayer.c fails to build

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 06:23:50PM +0200, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Harold Hunt wrote:
>
> > Alexander,
> >
> > > - let LayerStartInit initialize the fb screen.
> > >     server start - close cycle worked for engine 1,2 and 4.
> > >     Engine 8 failed with winAllocateFBPrimaryDD-Could not lock
> > > primary surface
> > >     But it also does with the fb layer initialization commented out
> >
> > That method sounds perfect.  Engine 8 has been unsupported and broken for
> > some time.  Can you send me a patch to submit?

I've not taken a close look at this yet and I know Keith Packard is away
for the rest of the week. But it's worth discussing layer issues on the
XFree86 lists rather than here. Keith may well be able to comment on a
better abstraction for the layer initialization than using specific
#if(n)def CYGWIN code.

Harold - I won't commit your latest patch until we can work with Keith
on these issues and get some feedback from him. This o.k ?

Alan.