RE: Window maker fails on make step

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Cedric Bompart wrote:

>> It seems the link command missed libX11. Can you please issue the same
>> command
>> with "-lX11" appended? If it works, you have to tweak the configure scripts
>> or adjust the makefiles to use the libraries.

> how can I do that?
> ./configure -lX11 ???
>
> or should I hack the makefile?

normally the configure script should check for the X11 libraries. Maybe
configuring with --with-x11 helps. If not, please check the output of
configure. I expect an output line like "checking for X11... not found".
The next step is to check config.log for te exact reason why the libraries
are not used. Search in config.log for "X11". Maybe this will yive you a hint.
Otherwise you will have to modify the makefiles. If you do this, please
edit the Makefile.in, since every configure run will recreate the makefiles
form Makefile.in and all changes to Makefile are lost.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017