connecting to KDM using XDMCP?

Platform, client: Win2k, CygWin 1.3.2, cygwin-xfree86 4.1.0
Platform, server: debian 2.2r3 (potato), kdm 2.1.1

I have edited /etc/X11/kdm/Xaccess (removed the #
comment in front of the first "*"), and restarted
kdm.

That's what I would need to do to make it listen
to UDP, I think...?

When I try to start XWin.exe in such a way that it
connects to the kdm, the X display window opens
with the default background.  Then nothing happens
for a while, until the error message
	XDM: too many retransmissions
is written to the console.

The command, and the full console output (until
terminated by CTRL-C), can be found at the end of
this message.

I have searched the net and the mail archives for
a while, without finding anything I should do that
I haven't done (unless I've misunderstood the
Xaccess stuff).

Does anyone know if it is possible to see any logs
on the server side, if kdm has seen the UDP requests
from cygwin-xfree?

Thanx!

- Steinar

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin>XWin -screen 0 1024x768x16 -query 172.21.206.140
-from 172.21.150.128
ddxProcessArgument () - screen - argc: 8 i: 1
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000001f
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL () - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pixel
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient width 1024 height 768
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 4096
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 32
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
XDM: too many retransmissions
winCloseScreenShadowDDNL () - Freeing screen resources

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.