RE: XlockMore

> I recently ported xlockmore (5.01.2) to CygWin/XFree 4.1.0
> and I have still some questions:
>
> - how and where can I announce the porting (form page on web
> site didn't produce
> anything) ?

Send e-mail to this mailing list.

> - what is the prefered define to use in source code (I used
> __CYGWIN__) ?

__CYGWIN__ is the one.  Others like CYGWIN32, and __CYGWIN32__ are
deprecated.

> - what is the real logo to use for a cygwin system (I used a
> modified version of the .ico file) ?
> - I made a special binary package for this version (and I'm
> currently working on the latest alpha: 5.02ALPHA09)
> containing the freetype 1.3.1 library and the gltt-2.5
> library. These where generated with the configure, make, make
> install stuff (aka I think they are only static libraries -
> ?). Isn't it better to have 2 other packages with DLLs ?
> - these versions were linked with the XFree provided GL
> libraries, isn't it better to use the specific
> latest/opengl/opengl-1.1.0-5 ? What are the differences ?

That one uses wGL and is not compatible with code which use xGL.  If you
want to use latest/opengl/opengl-1.1.0-5, you will need to do a major
rewrite of XlockMore source code.

> - is a specific web page for applications planned (like the
> GNOME software map for example) ?

None.  The only planned thing on this web site is Cygwin/XFree86.... rest is
users business.

Suhaib