Re: connecting to KDM using XDMCP?

"Bang, Steinar" wrote:

> Alexander Gotti wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Bang, Steinar wrote:
>
> >> Does anyone know if it is possible to see any logs
> >> on the server side, if kdm has seen the UDP requests
> >> from cygwin-xfree?
>
> > Since kdm is a modified xdm, you might get some
> > debug output by starting kdm with the option
> > "-debug 5".
>
> One thing I found useful, was to run "netstat -ua"
> on the linux box.  If there isn't a line containg
> "xdmcp", eg.
>         udp        0      0 *:xdmcp                 *:*
> then no display manager is running and listening
> for clients.
>
> This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
> TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
> destroy the original message and attachments.

So far the editing of /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config and /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess
has been mentioned.

Try

XWin.exe -query <IP.Address.of.Linux.Machine> -from
<IP.Address.of.Win.Machine>.

If that does not fix it, also check /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.

Put ALL:LOCAL into hosts.allow, or see the man page for details.
(ALL:LOCAL is not very secure, but is easy.)

Rasjid.