fixed font problem doesn't go away

Hi,

I've been referring to the archives of the list about the

"Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed' "

problem. I can see that a lot of people have had the same problem, and
that getting cygwin to mount in binary mode works. Well I followed the
instructions at

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-error-font-eof

and re-ran ./Xinstall.sh but running

XWin.exe -screen 0 1024x768x32 -engine 4

still gives me

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

And in fact, I'm pretty sure I installed Cygwin with the Unix option
checked.
Is there anything else I should try?
Btw, I'm working on a Japanese version of Win95. And I updated my cygwin
just a couple of days ago.
And this was the output of my mount command -

$ mount
d:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/d/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d/d type user (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/d/e type user (binmode,noumount)
p: on /cygdrive/d/p type user (binmode,noumount)
r: on /cygdrive/d/r type user (binmode,noumount)
w: on /cygdrive/d/w type user (binmode,noumount)

TIA,
--
Rajesh J Advani

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro Limited and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.