RE: fixed font problem doesn't go away

Try to install fonts mannualy by gunziping and untaring fonts *.tgz
archives.  Someone a while ago reported on Windows9x it helped.

Suhaib

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-error-font-eof

and re-ran ./Xinstall.sh but running

XWin.exe -screen 0 1024x768x32 -engine 4

still gives me

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

And in fact, I'm pretty sure I installed Cygwin with the Unix option
checked. Is there anything else I should try? Btw, I'm working on a Japanese
version of Win95. And I updated my cygwin just a couple of days ago. And
this was the output of my mount command -

$ mount
d:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/d/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d/d type user (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/d/e type user (binmode,noumount)
p: on /cygdrive/d/p type user (binmode,noumount)
r: on /cygdrive/d/r type user (binmode,noumount)
w: on /cygdrive/d/w type user (binmode,noumount)

TIA,
--
Rajesh J Advani