Re: cygwin-xfree: xdmcp: "no valid address"

Robert,

> From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:15:21 +1000
>
> From: "Mark Plowman" <m.plowman@hexapole.com>
>
> > The Windows 2000 has only 1 network interface and "route print"
> > mentions therefore 2 interfaces, the Ethernet interface and the
> > loopback interface.
> >
> > My Wife's Win 95 box also only has 1 network interface, but is not
> > accessable here so I can't do the same "route print" to see what the
> > system thinks.  I will try tonight.
> >
> > Any further thoughts welcome...
>
> Does the 95 machine have DUN installed? IIRC 95 does something funny
> with broadcast traffic only going to the "first" adapter, which is
> defined by MAC address sort order, and DUN has (one of) a very high or
> very low address...

I have never "consiously" installed DUN, I just did a pretty standard
install if I remember correctly.  Again, I will check this evening.

B.T.W.  You mention "broadcast traffic":

When I do "XWin.exe -query <linux box> -from <Win95-box>" it fails
with "no valid address".

When I do "XWin.exe -broadcast -from <Win95-box>" it gives me an
X-Window, but I don't get a login dialog from the Linux Box.

I don't know if this is important.

> Just a thought.

Thanks for the thought, who knows?...

> Rob