Re: [Patch] SIOCGIFCONF Win95

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 11:15:20AM +0200, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Win95, the implementation of SIOCGIFCONF seems to be wrong. For Win95a
> it seems to work, but Win95b and Win95c will onyl return the loopback
> device. Searching through the code, I found the reason in winsup/cygwin/net.c
>
> in get_95_ifconf, the registry is searched for the key HKLM/Enum/MSTCP/*
> which seems to represent the TCP/IP configurations. The current
> implementaion then searches for each entry the keys in Bindings, which
> represent bindings to services as Client for Windows Networks or File
> sharing. One of these keys is taken as reference to HKLM/System/
> CurrentControlSet/Services/Class/Net/* where the network adapter is store.
>
> This seems to work on Win95a, but does often fail on Win95c. The binding to
> a service has IMO nothing to do with the binding to a NIC, so the connection
> to the NIC is stored in another way. Since there is a 1-to-1 relation between
> network cards and TCP configuration, no extra binding needs to be stored.
> The name for the adapter in HKLM/CurrentControlSet/.../Net is the same as
> the key in HKLM/Enum/Net/*.
>
> I modified the function in net.c and the correct number of interfaces is
> reported for win95a and win95c.
>
> I attached the patch. A patch cygwin1.dll is available at
> <http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/cygwin1.fixed-netdev.dll.bz2>

Thanks Alexander, that looks good.  Unfortunately I can't apply that
patch if you haven't signed a copyright assignment form.  Your patch
isn't a `trivial' patch anymore which would allow us to include it
w/o the assignment.  Please have a look on http://cygwin.com/contrib.html.
If you could send that assignment form via snail mail to Red Hat ASAP
(the address is given on the form), I will be really glad to apply your
patch.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.