RE: Xfree initialization failure

I have solved a similar problem.  Stop the MATLAB 6 Web Server Service and
then xfree should
be able to run again.  But can Xfree server add something to avoid this
message?

You may able to find following information from Maplesoft.
-------------------
I am trying to start Maple under Windows 2000 and the following error
occurs:
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)
How do I fix this problem?

This error occurs when a Windows 2000 program (often running as a service)
restricts access to OpenGL. (For example, the MATLAB 6 Web Server runs this
way by default). To start Maple or other OpenGL programs in this case, you
must stop the program that has exclusive control over OpenGL. If this
program is running as a service, change the Startup Type of the service to
Manual and then reboot.